At the end of 2008, the Council definitively adopted 5 important Framework Decisions, all long-standing proposals, and some of which
have been in the works for several years:
- on combating racism and xenophobia;
- on the protection of personal data processed in the framework of police and judicial cooperation in criminal matters;
- on mutual recognition in probation matters;
- amending the definition of terrorism to include 3 new offences; and
- on mutual recognition of judgments in criminal matters.
Member States have 2 or 3 years, as defined in the specific FD, to comply.