End of your non-practising period of pupillage

Things to remember if you are approaching the end of your nonpractising period of pupillage:

  • Make sure that your pupil supervisor signs your Certificate of Satisfactory Completion of Pupillage and that you submit it to the Bar Standards Board immediately.
  • Complete your checklist for your non-practising pupillage.
  • Make sure you have completed the pupillage advocacy course as part of the non-practising period of pupillage. If you have not satisfactorily completed the pupillage advocacy course, you will not be issued with a provisional qualification certificate and so will not be eligible to commence the practising period of pupillage, until the course has been completed.
  • Register your practising period of pupillage (if you did not register your whole pupillage at the beginning of your nonpractising period).
  • Remember that, during your practising period of pupillage, you may only exercise rights of audience with the permission of your pupil supervisor or head of chambers.

    If you have any queries about registration of pupillage or certificates of completion, please contact Rachel Reeves or Sarah Hellier on 020 7611 1444 or email rreeves@barstandardsboard.org.uk