We are recruiting Family and Civil practitioners at all levels of seniority who are authorised, experienced or willing to expand their practice in Direct Access / Litigation work.
Legis Chambers was one of the first sets in the region which participated in the Direct Access Scheme and has accumulated extensive and valuable experience over the years in dealing directly with lay clients. We have been actively marketing and successfully generated a considerable amount of work for our tenants, especially in the area of family law and civil disputes. We believe members of the Bar, with sufficient support from chambers, are capable of providing legal service to the general public just as solicitors, plus courtroom advocacy. The scheme not only benefits the lay clients with better continuity and lower legal costs bills but also rewards the barristers with better overall control of the case, as well as increased turnover.
What we offer:
- A focus on Direct Access / Litigation work, supported by a specialised clerking and paralegal team;
- Friendly, inclusive and diversified working environment;
- Experienced clerking team with a friendly and considerate approach;
- A forward-thinking management committee that values members’ feedback for the growth of chambers;
- Spacious and exclusive occupation of premises in the City of London, with tastefully furnished conference rooms and modern IT facilities; and
- A competitive percentage only rent regime.
We are also looking to recruit a capable and experienced criminal clerk to assist Chambers in expanding its criminal team and take our practice to a new level.
For a confidential discussion in relation to tenancy or the criminal clerking role, please contact chambers Senior Practice Manager, Ms Sarah Yamout, on 020 7096 4207.