DWF Advocacy Ltd
This is not a role for a one dimensional advocate - it is for an advocate with both courtroom skills and real world commercial acumen. The role is key in the supporting and developing junior advocates and building the business through an active approach to business development.
Main function of job:
You will conduct high value and complex hearings/trials and drafting. You will have a strong practice base in a specialist area of law in which you will continue to practise and which you will develop within the business. Where possible you will also be expected to expand outside your own practice area and that of others to increase overall revenue streams.
You will assist with the technical supervision of new starters to the team and provide day-to-day supervision and assistance to your supervisees and to others as and when required.
- Conducting final and interlocutory hearings for the Insurance, Employment, Commercial and International Services divisions of the firm.
- Drafting legal documents on instruction from internal/external clients.
- Dealing with the complex and specialist work in the team.
- Working to gain new revenue streams for the business from internal and external clients.
- Focusing on building and retaining strong internal relationships with fee earners in order to support the growth of the team.
- Responsible for DWF Advocacy Events for their location as well being involved in events across the businesses.
- Responsible for being the key Advocacy point of contact for their location and other offices on the North-Eastern Circuit.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
What we are looking for:
- Law degree at 2.1 or above
- Will have the full higher rights of audience pursuant to a solicitor advocates or a barristers practicing certificate
- BVC or BPTC at Very Competent or above (or Solicitor Advocate qualification).
- Will have extensive advocacy experience, preferably in complex civil litigation, insurance disputes and costs.
- Demonstrable leadership abilities.
- Proven ability to develop the abilities and career paths of those that report to them.
- Proven commercial awareness, ability to identify business opportunities and convert in to new revenue streams.
- Will have experience and proven record in effective business development.
- Will have extensive experience in commercial litigation (domestic and/or international). and
- Desirable to have management experience.
What we can offer:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That’s why, when you join DWF, you’ll be given a choice.
You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, holiday buy / sell scheme, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers and dining cards.
If you want to build an exciting future with one of Europe's most innovative legal businesses please apply
DWF are a global legal business, transforming legal services through our people for our clients. We have over 27 key locations and over 3,100 people delivering services and solutions that go beyond expectations and in March 2019, we became the first Main Market Premium Listed legal business on the London Stock Exchange.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
We will make reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best. Please contact the DWF Recruitment team and tell us what adjustments you need either to submit an application for a vacancy, or if you require any reasonable adjustment should you be invited to interview. Alternatively, please click on the following link which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide