National Crime Agency
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the fight against serious and organised crime?
Serious and organised crime is one of the gravest threats to the UK's national security. The National Crime Agency sits at the heart of the law enforcement response, protecting the public by disrupting and bringing to justice those serious and organised criminals who pose the highest risk to the UK.
Information: G2 Lawyer, Legal Team.
We are recruiting for individuals who have experience in any of the following areas:
- Employment law
- Operational advisory (such as criminal investigation, planning and support)
- Data and information
- Asset denial and financial disruptions
Applicants must demonstrate reliable judgment and have a sound appreciation of legal risk.
For all roles:
- You will need to work closely with policy and operational colleagues to give clear and readily understandable legal advice;
- You will need to think creatively, to help manage and mitigate legal risk in cases that are often novel, complex and challenging.
- You will have the opportunity to operate with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, but will be provided with professional support and development.
- You will need to engage effectively with NCA colleagues and external stakeholders, for example across government.
These are fascinating roles, with a direct impact on protecting the public from serious and organised crime.
Please see the attached document for more information about the work of the NCA Legal department.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC Enhanced clearance before commencing the role.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
This role is based in London and is also available on secondment for up to two years.
The following qualifications/skills are essential to the role and proof will be required at interview:
Solicitor or Barrister qualified to practise in England and Wales with at least one year’s post qualification experience. Applications will not be progressed if you do not meet this requirement.
We also welcome applicants with other legal backgrounds who have the ability to learn new areas of law quickly.
- Legal Professional skills – Sound understanding of public law. Reliable legal judgement and appreciation of legal risk. The ability to think strategically and creatively, seeing legal issues in their wider context and advise accordingly. Sound analysis, using secure legal research to produce timely and fit for purpose advice.
- Knowledge of the law in one or more of the following legislations – Proceeds of Crime Act, Human Rights Act, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Investigatory Powers Act 2017, Data Protection Act 2018, experience of civil litigation and general public law, experience of employment law.
- Motivation for the Government Legal Profession - We need to know how well our requirements and offerings match your aspirations. An understanding of the role of lawyers in government.
For a full breakdown of the criteria we require please view the Candidate Information Pack by clicking on the link at the bottom of this advert.
- If you are an active police pension member immediately prior to joining the NCA, you can continue you membership throughout your employment with us as if you were a serving police officer. If you do remain an active member and subsequently return to a police force, you should be able to continue your membership there too
- 26 days’ annual leave on entry, increasing to 31 days after 5 years’ service. This is in addition to 8 public holidays (England & Wales);
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Generous paid maternity and paternity leave which is notably more than the statutory minimum offered by many other employers;
- Interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket;
- The opportunity to use onsite facilities including fitness facilities and staff canteens
- Occupational sick pay
Roles based in London will also receive an additional London Weighting of £3,339.
If you are applying on secondment and you are the equivalent grade you will remain on your current salary for the duration of your secondment.
Please follow the link to the role below or the Civil Service Gateway Website , find the National Crime Agency Vacancies and type in the reference number next to the role of interest
Closing Date: 23.59 30th October 2019