Harneys, the leading international offshore laws firm, is recruiting litigation and restructuring lawyers for its offices in: British Virgin Island, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Hong Kong, Sao Paolo, Montevideo, Singapore and Shanghai.
In light of our global reach, speakers of Russian, Mandarin, Spanish or Portuguese are of interest but not essential.
Harneys is a centre of excellence for offshore law. We seek candidates who will meet and exceed its impeccible professional standards in a collegiate and supportive work environment.
- Barrister or Solicitor with a minimum of 3 years PQE for associate levels and a minimum of 12 years PQE for partner positions.
- Excellent academics and pedigree.
- Experience working on large commercial litigation and restructing cases.
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator, team player and sense of adventure required.
- Drive tempo of client file under supervision of partner. Consider case strategy and litigation risk.
- Liaise with clients to take instructions.
- Undertake concise legal research and analysis.
- Draft pleadings, correspondence, witness statements, affidavits, draft orders and skeleton argument.
- Appear in Court as the advocate where QC's are not instructed.
- Manage more junior associates, paralegals and secretaries as required.
- Communicate with other members of the team at all levels including with senior partners and QC's.
- Participate in marketing: seminars, dinners and other events with clients.
- Liaise with counterparts in the other regional offices to ensure filings in litigation are of exceptional quality to work collaboratively to ensure a litigation strategy that results in the best possible clent outcomes.
- Travel to meet with clients in different juristictions, marketing or for Court appearances.
Market leading remuneration package - competitive salary, bonus and benefits
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org