CIPFA - The Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
CIPFA is seeking to appoint Independent Members to its Investigations Committee and Regulatory Panel (from which members of Disciplinary and Appeal Committees are drawn) under CIPFA’s Disciplinary Scheme.
• have the ability to understand and analyse complex issues, identify and comprehend relevant facts and follow evidence and arguments;
• have a sound sense of judgement and common sense, the ability to think logically, weigh evidence and reach sound, well-founded decisions, an openness of mind and objectivity;
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with others in reaching decisions; • be trustworthy, truthful and honest with an instinct for fair dealing;
• be able to maintain confidentiality;
• be available for an average of 6 days per annum.
Experience of casework and dealing with disputes or complaints is desirable, though not essential.
Successful applicants are required to complete a training programme of one day’s duration. Committee members are paid a daily rate plus travel and subsistence expenses incurred on committee business. Appointments will normally be for a period of 3 to 5 years.
Application packs are available on CIPFA’s website, https://www.cipfa.org/about-cipfa/volunteers/lay-members-for-cipfas-regulatory-committees or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org including the words “Recruitment for 2019” in the title. The closing date for applications is 4 November 2019.
Interviews will take place during the weeks commencing 9 and 16 December 2019 at CIPFA’s offices in Mansell Street, London, E1 8AN.