Children’s Services Advocate (7+PQE), Leeds
Our market leading local government and health teams provide advice and support to a multi-agency client base with a strong partnership ethos.
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a 7+ PQE Solicitor/Barrister to join our team in Leeds. The role will be predominantly supporting a local authority client in childcare advocacy within children’s services and we are looking for an experienced and confident children’s lawyer with strong case management and advocacy skills. There will also be an opportunity to undertake Court of Protection hearings and local government law work.
The role will involve case management of children’s services matters across the spectrum of child protection and wider safeguarding matters. There will be close links with the client to provide high calibre and efficient working with supervisory support as well as junior support within Bevan Brittan. The role will also include Special Educational Needs and general health and social care work where capacity allows. The job location will be based in the Leeds Office but will include some co location with the client along with court hearings in York and elsewhere on a needs basis.
The individual will need the following skill set:
- Childcare law experience
- Childcare advocacy experience is vital
- Public law/regulatory knowledge and requirements
- Court of Protection experience
- Human rights law experience is desirable
- Previous experience managing a complex caseload
- A team player, with the temperament to form strong and sustained working partnerships with partners and colleagues
- Practical and commercial approach
- Ability to successfully build client relationships
- Organised, lateral thinker with an eye for detail
Please click HERE to apply.