ACCA is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. We’re the world’s most forward thinking professional accountancy body. Since we were founded in 1904, we have expanded to over 1500 staff in 50+ countries, meaning we’re a truly global organisation. Our people enjoy a working environment that is dynamic, human and connected, and have a strong focus on creating value for our students and members.
We’re currently recruiting for a Case Presenter (Barrister) to join ACCA’s in-house legal and support team (Case Presentation Team) in London.
On a day to day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
• Preparing and presenting cases before ACCA’s Disciplinary, Appeal, Interim Orders, Admissions and Licensing Committees
• Acting alone, or junior counsel, in high profile or complex cases before ACCA Committees and the appellate courts
• Advising and providing guidance to ACCA with regards to the investigation of complaints against students, affiliates, members and firms
• Advising senior / executive management to ensure that decisions made comply with regulatory law practice and judicial authority
• Providing specialist accredited legal training in the form of lectures and seminars to both the internal organisation as well as externally
We’re looking for someone who:
• Is a practising barrister
• Has significant experience and sound knowledge of civil / criminal proceedings
• Has sound knowledge of regulatory law, practice and procedure
• Has sound knowledge of human rights legislation and practice
• Has some knowledge of data protection law, practice and procedure
• Has the ability to manage a significant caseload and provide appropriate legal advice on complex issues with a focused approach to delivering results in accordance with guidelines and targets
• Has confident and persuasive advocacy with the ability to influence others
• Is preferably authorised by BSB to conduct litigation (applicable to barristers only)
• Has excellent people skills so as to work collaboratively in a multi departmental environment
Interested in this role?
Please visit ACCA’s career website at http://recruitment.accaglobal.com
to submit your application.