Hill Twine Solicitors is offering an excellent opportunity for barristers/higher rights advocates who love the thrill of the courtroom and want a Criminal Defence Practice.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Location: Dorset
- Salary Range: Minimum of £35,000 but subject to negotiation depending on experience
- Job Type: Permanent
- Working Hours: Full Time or Part Time (minimum 3 days a week)
- Application Process: CV and Covering Letter
- Contact: Sarah Hill firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date: 30 April 2021
Who Are You?
As an employed barrister at Hill Twine Solicitors you will enjoy:
- A wide and varied criminal caseload;
- Guaranteed work without competing with others for high-quality work;
- Being briefed on cases in good time. No more receiving briefs at the last minute and spending your evenings preparing for the next day;
- An excellent work-life balance with the majority of cases being dealt with in local courts.
The successful applicant will either already hold or be willing to attain ‘Duty Solicitor’ status on commencing employment. We will fully fund and support you through the qualification process, which should take around 6 months.
It doesn’t matter whether you are newly qualified or experienced, there is a place for you in our team if you have completed a 12-month pupillage and have a:
- Passion for playing an extremely important role in the Criminal Justice System;
- Commitment to achieving high standards;
- Desire to work as part of a team;
- Strong aptitude for advocacy.
- Previous Criminal Defence experience
Who Are We?
Hill Twine Solicitors is a specialist Criminal Defence firm based on the exquisitely beautiful South Coast, in Bournemouth, Dorset. We are a busy firm with a Criminal Legal Aid contract and on the East Dorset Duty Rota Scheme. We provide representation for courts in Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire, and beyond.
We undertake both publicly and privately funded work in all areas of the Criminal Law, including defending Armed Forces personnel. We are committed to acting with integrity and pride ourselves on giving honest and transparent advice.
Hill Twine Solicitors is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Why Join Hill Twine Solicitors?
- Excellent opportunities for career progression;
- Travel and your professional expenses, including training costs, will be covered by the firm;
- Generous annual leave allowance, starting on 25 days and increasing on a yearly basis up to 30 days annual leave. Bank Holidays are in addition to this;
- A company pension;
- You will achieve an excellent work/life balance, working from home when you are not in court.
Application by CV and covering letter to Sarah Hill (Business Manager) Hill Twine Solicitors, 23 Hinton Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2EF or email@example.com. Job Specification available on request.