Crown Counsel I (Fraud) will be responsible for conducting criminal prosecutions and appeals and to assist with the processing of foreign requests for assistance with specialist responsibility for serious fraud, anti-corruption and matters involving asset restraint and forfeiture.
The successful post holder will operate at all levels of the Court system, including the Cayman Islands’ Court of Appeal. Crown Counsel I (Fraud) will be required to advise law enforcement agencies and Government Departments and Statutory Authorities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Applicants for this position should be a Solicitor, Barrister or Attorney-at-Law qualified to practice in an English-speaking Commonwealth jurisdiction, or qualified to practice in the Cayman Islands in accordance with the Legal Practitioners Act (2015 Revision). Applicants must also:
- possess a minimum of seven (7) years’ post qualification experience, to include significant experience in the field of commercial crime, fraud, proceeds of crime, anti-corruption and money laundering (preferably with an international element);
- be able to lead and develop clear practices and procedures in relation to fraud;
- be familiar with the laws and legal systems in the United Kingdom and other Commonwealth jurisdictions;
- possess strong advocacy, interpersonal, negotiation, independent research and analytical skills, and be able to assimilate instructions quickly;
- be able to work under pressure, and render prompt and effective legal advice at very short notice.
|The remuneration package for this role includes a non-contributory Government Pension Scheme and medical and dental coverage. Please note that no income tax is payable in the Cayman Islands (CI$1.00 = GBP£0.87 approximately).|
A detailed job description, information on benefits and the required Government Application Form are available at: www.recruitment.gov.ky Please submit your Government Application Form, as well as a cover letter, résumé or curriculum vitae to: Colleen Williams, Human Resources Manager, Portfolio of Legal Affairs and Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, 4th Floor, Government Administration Building, 133 Elgin Avenue, P.O. Box 136, Grand Cayman, KY1-9000. Telephone: 1 345 244 2336. Email: POLAHR@gov.ky
Deadline for receipt of applications: Friday, 27 August 2021