On behalf of His Excellency the Governor, Martyn Roper, OBE, the Cayman Islands Judicial and Legal Services Commission invites applications for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC PROSECUTIONS (DPP)
SALARY: US$181,357 - US$210,300 per annum (no deductions are applied)
BENEFITS: employer-sponsored health insurance & 12% employer-sponsored pension contributions
The DPP has primary responsibility for the conduct of criminal proceedings pursuant to s.57 of the Cayman Islands Constitution. In addition, the post-holder is responsible for the provision of dynamic leadership, management, strategic direction, and the setting of relevant policies for the Office of the DPP (ODPP). The DPP is a designated Chief Officer with responsibility to manage the day-to-day activities of the ODPP including all operational duties, as well as personnel and budgetary matters. The post-holder will also provide strategic advice to senior members of the Government and represent the ODPP and the CIG more broadly on various task forces and committees.
Candidates for this position must, amongst other qualifications,:-
- be a qualified Attorney at Law, Solicitor, Barrister, or equivalent, and be capable of being called to the Bar in the Cayman Islands;
- have a minimum of 15 years comprehensive knowledge and practical criminal litigation experience at least in the Grand/High Court (i.e. the higher criminal courts in the applicant's jurisdiction) and Court of Appeal in a wide range of areas;
- have practiced as a prosecutor within the last 10 years in a Commonwealth jurisdiction up to Court of Appeal level OR have substantial knowledge, experience, and involvement in criminal law and prosecution work; and
- have at least 5 years’ experience at a senior management level including experience leading seasoned attorneys as well as developing junior attorneys, providing visible leadership, developing strategic direction, formulating policy, and oversight of operational, human resources, and financial matters; and
- be a dynamic and accessible leader capable of overseeing and leading transformational change and organisational design/restructuring with an empowered Senior Management Team.
Ideally, the post holder should also have:-
- extensive experience in financial crime litigation, including money laundering offences, and also in prosecuting criminal confiscation cases; and
- extensive knowledge in extradition and mutual legal assistance matters.
A detailed job description, application form, and additional information regarding the post are available at:
Please submit completed Application Form and résumé to:
Manager, Commissions Secretariat
2nd Floor, Artemis House, 67 Fort Street, George Town
P.O. Box 391 Grand Cayman KY1-1106, CAYMAN ISLANDS
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, 10th September 2021