We are seeking Barristers to teach on our BTC programmes in London and Manchester
Be a subject-matter expert creating future legal professionals
From contributing to curriculum development to sharing expertise across a range of diverse study programmes, this is a unique opportunity to drive excellence in teaching, materials and pastoral support for the next generation of legal professionals. Helping individuals to grow across core skills, study progression and industry knowledge – this is an opportunity to give learners a competitive advantage as they start to build a successful career in law.
- As a subject-matter expert, teaching on a range of Law School programmes and subjects
- Working towards level 7 PGCPHE attainment or Fellowship of the HEA
- Creating and marking assessment materials
- Contributing to curriculum development work, including scholarship and innovation
- Attending all relevant training in relation to law and practice, course design and innovation
- Planning, evaluating and updating programme materials
- Enhancing the student experience and providing pastoral support and guidance
- Undertaking the role of a skills development coach for relevant programmes and modules
- Helping students to identify and select evidence for inclusion in portfolios
- Marking and providing feedback for formative and summative assessments
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate and build careers through education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
Find more about joining the BPP family here.
- Qualified barrister (with practice experience)
- Relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification/experience
- Subject/practice area knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and flexibly
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Collaborative approach to team work
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and students
- Ability to conduct ‘difficult’ conversations
- Excellent IT skills
- Commitment to vocationally-orientated legal education
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.